AVP, Brand Strategy Experience & Technologies
Industry: Life Insurance/Annuities Sector
Our client is a subsidiary of a global UK-headquartered company that constitutes one of the world’s leading financial services groups providing insurance and financial services through its subsidiaries and affiliates throughout the world.
Our client is a leading provider of retirement solutions. The company sells variable, fixed and fixed index annuities, and institutional products. Through its affiliates and subsidiaries, our client also provides asset management and retail brokerage services. Our client markets its products in 49 states and the District of Columbia through independent and regional broker-dealers, wire houses, financial institutions, and independent insurance agents.
AVP, Brand Strategy Experience and Technologies
AVP reports to SVP, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
This position will be located in the client’s Nashville, TN office
Looking for an individual experienced in crafting and implementing strategies that leverage current and emerging technologies to enhance, modernize and streamline the brand experience, ultimately leveraging the brand to drive sales. Responsibilities include coordination across all customer groups, including internal associates, external wholesalers, and the general public. The successful candidate will be a thought leader capable of developing and implementing enterprise-wide solutions that leverage Marketing/Communications platforms to build and deepen online and other digital relationships, creating enhanced brand awareness, enhancing customer experiences, facilitating financial education, and contributing to the Company’s strategic priorities. Experience in developing and implementing innovative technology-based solutions that explain complex topics and facilitate consumer engagement and positive behavior change is a must.
- Design and implement comprehensive customer experience strategies that leverage current and emerging technologies customized to each primary audience type
- Lead the ongoing evaluation and evolution of the company’s Marketing/Communication digital engagement platforms (e.g., websites, mobile applications, e-dialogue programs, etc.)
- Develop and implement innovative gamification initiatives to enhance financial education around annuities and their role in protecting America’s retirement future
- Drive audience behavioral change through improved online and emerging technology experiences
- Build effective relationships with all major stakeholders across key functional areas include the larger Marketing/Communications team, Technology, Finance, Distribution, Operations, Human Resources, and others impacted by Marketing/Communication technology investments.
- Create and implement innovative strategies that support and leverage the company’s overall work on brand positioning and awareness
- Develop approaches to track and improve cross channel ROI
- Create and implement governance, policies and processes for Marketing/Communication technological platforms
This role is the first of its type for our client, and will work closely with the SVP, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer and the rest of the Marketing/Communications senior leadership team to:
- Shape the customer experience vision
- Leverage Marketing/Communications resources to achieve and continuously improve the customer experience vision
- Ensure coordination with and support of brand building and awareness activities
- Help shape the ongoing evolution of the Marketing/Communications strategy and approach. Note: a potential for leadership of a team within Marketing/Communications may exist as the Marketing/Communications vision and approach continue to evolve.
The idea candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience leading digital strategy, customer experience/engagement, website enhancements, and digital marketing in B2B and B2C companies;
- Must have 5+ years of experience in building and leading teams involving extensive digital/mobile/social/website/gamification strategy development;
- Proven experience creating/executing digital/mobile/social/website marketing strategies, plans, and measureable successes in large organizations;
- Rich experience in translating business goals into live digital/website marketing strategies and plans with flawless execution;
- Expert knowledge and exposure to the most innovative and recent social media, digital marketing, gamification, emerging platforms and mobile technologies;
- Excellent analytical, management and communication skills to synthesize key issues, develop strategies, communicate and persuade constituencies towards specific program/organizational actions and initiatives;
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Ability to create, implement and measure success of innovative and detailed “e-brand” strategy proposals and action plans;
- Powerful communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to team empowerment;
- Quick study of complex problems and a highly organized approach to finding high impact solutions;
- Strong analytical capabilities combined with thoughtful action;
- Comfortable in a structure that is based on both joint and individual accountability to drive success;
- Team player with a collaborative approach who shares success;
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, marketing or related discipline preferred; MBA desirable.
As our client is seeking an outstanding individual for this important Marketing/Communications executive position, they are offering an attractive compensation package including base salary, discretionary cash bonus, long-term incentives, and excellent health and welfare benefits.
Executive Connections LLC is handling this retained executive search on an exclusive basis. For additional information, please contact:
Jeff Gundersen – CEO
Karen Lithgow – Managing Director