Digital Product Leader
Global HR Professional Services Firm
Our client is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments with $4B+ in revenue, offices in 41 countries, and over 21,000 employees.
Started 75+ years ago, our client has grown significantly in size and service capabilities through careful recruiting efforts and a series of mergers with other top quality firms, to become one of the top global leaders in the HR consulting sector. Global lines of business include Retirement, Investments, Health, and Talent consulting and related proprietary products and services.
The primary mission of our client is to help companies around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people.
Our client has 4 strategic imperatives:
- Build broader client relationships
- Deliver profitable growth
- Invest in the best people
- Outperform the competition
Our client’s operations are divided into three regions – North America; continental Europe, Australia and New Zealand; and the Growth region — Asia, the Middle East and Latin America. Our client expects the Growth region to be the revenue and profit growth driver in the years to come as most of the world’s GDP (gross domestic product) growth will come from this region.
Our client is a subsidiary of a top global professional services group that provides advice and solutions in risk, strategy, and human capital. Our client represents approximately one-third of total group revenues.
The Digital Product Leader sets the digital experience vision, strategy and user experience plan that delivers a competitively differentiated front end required to meet the financial requirements of the business case established by the business.
Key to the effectiveness of this role is defining the end user needs, competitive landscape, product features/functionality, user experience design requirements, partner requirements and site statistics/tracking to ensure the right individuals are making it to the digital destination and achieving the desired behaviors required to profitably hit the revenue targets.
This role is also key in all the product build and development cycles, working with developers and technology to ensure the features deliver against the business needs.
This role provides a key link between the business strategy, the digital UX/UI and development teams, operating as an extension of the business while on the global digital team.
The global Digital Product Leader position will be located at our client’s headquarters office in New York City.
Digital Experience Management
- Competitive assessment with competitive comparisons of features/functionality
- User Insights/desired behaviors, required site traffic and conversion rates to hit desired revenue
- UX requirements and oversight of UX design team and the implementation plans through the development stages
- Define how the digital experience will work across platforms (Mobile, tablet, full screen)
- Lead the definition of customer personas and journeys across channels and highlight critical areas of the experience to be addressed
- Consults with IT groups to review the technical and integration options
- Review emerging technologies and their applicability for Mercer
- Consults with UX, IT groups to build scalable, replicable, efficient, software agnostic and machine independent digital assets
- Responsible for ongoing management of digital experience to optimize business results
- Ownership of the Digital Product Roadmap
Digital Insights and Analytics
- Partners with Analytics & CRM and IT teams to develop data strategy and set data flows and integration for reporting and optimization
- Tracks, reports on and set improvement plans to optimize the digital product experience in terms of individuals successfully purchasing or selecting product off Mercer digital platforms
- Determines commercialization of data, as needed
UX, Prototyping and Design
- Works with UX team to prototype and deliver proofs of concept
- Identifies key UX components and leads user testing to deliver insights and research to support key decisions
- Work with UX Visual Design team to review and refine visual look and feel
- Collaborate with Brand Design team to ensure brand compliance of product
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Four years college degree in marketing or related field, MBA or related master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in digital strategy. Experience leading digital strategy development and implementing and managing digital platforms
- 5 years Agency experience looking at a wide variety of projects, analyzing key business needs, developing consumer insights and crafting digital strategies
- Experience working on projects in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Financial, Health and HR sectors is an advantage
- E-commerce / transaction related platforms
- mobile and omni-channel
- Digital Strategy development for B2B and Consumers that involve transactions and on-going engagement
- Mobile platform development with knowledge of native OS applications as well as responsive design platforms
- Customer Experience Journey mapping – detailed analysis of the full life cycle to show the driver and hurdles of the experience that need to be addressed in the solution
- Knowledge of digital marketing techniques, including search marketing (PPC and SEO), social media, e-mail, display, affiliate marketing, digital asset design, and optimization through multivariate testing.
- Demonstrated understanding of digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics, WebTrends, or other analytics software.
- Understanding of market analysis and research.
- Knowledge of insurance products, functions, and marketing/service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication to effectively present new concepts and drive outcomes.
- Effective C-Suite communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and manage conflicting priorities without impacting deadlines and meeting required deliverables.
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and delegate as appropriate to meet targets and deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Competencies include:
- Communicating with Impact
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Managing Resources and People
As our client is seeking an outstanding individual for this important senior leadership position, they are offering an attractive compensation package including base salary, discretionary cash bonus, long-term incentives and personal benefits.
Executive Connections LLC is handling this executive search on an exclusive basis.
For additional information, please contact:
Jeff Gundersen – CEO