Senior Director Customer Analytics, B2B/E-Commerce
The Senior Director of Customer Analytics leads a team of experts whose goal is to develop and execute fact based reporting, analysis and models to enhance business decision making across the marketing and sales functions. Expert at customer segmentation, customer profile analysis, marketing and sales effectiveness, marketing/sales predictive modeling, experimental test design, marketing mix optimization with experience leveraging third-party data this leader is ability to turn data into insights that fuel customer relationship marketing through all channels within a test and learn environment. A proven data-driven customer insights champion, this leadership role brings a combination of deep technical skills to enable customer-centric growth with capability building skills.
The Senior Director of Customer Analytics will be located at our client’s headquarters office in the Boston MA area.
The Senior Director, Customer Analytics is responsible for both strategic development of new customer analytics approaches, as well as leadership of the sales reporting, digital analytics, modeling and direct response analytics teams. The primary focus of the position will be on producing high quality analytic deliverables for internal clients that yield superior business results. These deliverables include advanced methodologies for multi-channel marketing and measurement. They will assist the client teams in setting up test and learn scenarios to “fast track” learning that supports innovation. Additionally, this role will develop new techniques for big data analytics and reporting, including the integration of online and offline data to improve cross-channel personalization.
In addition to leading strategic efforts, this person will:
- Inform the company’s customer strategy by translating data into marketing and sales insights, analyzing large sets of data in the appropriate format and developing insightful analyses with specific recommendations to impact strategic business decisions. Review, analyze and present qualitative and quantitative analysis and data to M&S senior management and senior business leaders.
- Conceptualize, implement and evolve regular Marketing, Sales and Commercial Effectiveness reporting and analysis to gain insights (marketing performance, client profitability, account growth opportunities, etc.)
- Perform ad-hoc special customer analyses in response to market events, new business needs or internal client demands.
- Provide insights to M&S and other business partners through analysis of client and product revenue and profitability to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness of marketing, sales and segment management.
- Develop and present marketing and sales opportunities to improve performance rates through the application of marketing mix modeling and predictive modeling analyses.
- Provide hands-on leadership to a marketing and sales analytics team, and related outside partners/vendors.
- Interpret a wide and varied set of data and analytic outputs to derive actionable insights and prescriptive recommendations. Leverage ingenuity to deduce causal relationships between both conflicting and correlated information, and guide team through rational decision processes. Gain buy in for recommendations from key stakeholders.
- Expand upon data partner ecosystem and drive development of new models, segmentation schemes and derived elements.
- Make recommendations for customer data governance and data enhancements needed to drive a competitive advantage and leverage real time recommendation engines.
- Create advanced, and predictive customer value and interaction models such as marketing mix, propensity to buy, next best offer, Customer Life Time Value, marketing influencers etc. Assist the marketing teams in applying data to their decision making and testing.
- Oversee and direct various analytic activities including the ability to create blended online & offline insights using a diverse set of platforms and tools.
- Build an agile development process for meeting ongoing internal client analytic needs including on time/on budget delivery of client projects.
- Proactively make recommendations to senior management and internal stakeholders to influence strategic and tactical decisions that drive business growth.
- Actively participate in data governance to assure a 360 view of the customer that is consistent across the enterprise.
- Develop a new B2B customer segmentation to drive cross channel personalization and improved customer experience.
- Develop a robust multi-channel test and learn framework and set of in-market results against target segments to ensure continuous improvement. Review results and manage the process of hypotheses testing and knowledge dissemination.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- 10 – 15 years of experience as a Marketing and Sales Analyst/Strategist or Consultant in a B2B firm, marketing professional services company, or leading consulting firm
- 15+ years in direct marketing, marketing services, consulting, and/or digital advertising agency
- Expert level knowledge with predictive modeling and analytics, their practical applications in multi-channel campaigns, including multi-variate test design and contact optimization
- Experience in building, leading, recruiting, hiring, managing and developing a marketing analytics team.
- Hands-on experience in advanced analytic methodologies including: Bayesian, regression, cloning, k-means clustering, and CHAID decision tree to drive specific marketing or business outcomes.
- Proficiency in use of online/offline data for marketing and analytics, infrastructure and processes required to manage and mobilize data for analytic purposes. Working knowledge of industry vendors.
- Proficiency with analytic tools such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, Alteryx; and BI tools such as Tableau
- Data Scientist / Big data proficiency with tools such as Omniture, Google Analytics, Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Ability to develop project plans, and manage strategic projects across internal teams and clients; motivate people to action
- Ability to build trust and achieve results through others in a matrix environment.
- Goal oriented individual who can roll up their sleeves to manage successful outcomes.
- Passion and energy for innovation and out of the box solutions. Open minded.
- Strong leadership capability to lead a team through a transition from product to customer centric.
- Solid presentation skills, ability to create content in Power Point, Word, and Excel. Able to articulate complex insights and interpretations in high level terms to non-technical colleagues, clients & vendors.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to take new work assignments with little supervision
- Experience in project management and agile development methods.
The successful candidate will have:
- B.S. in Statistics or Mathematics. M.S. or PhD in Statistics or Mathematics preferred
As our client is seeking an outstanding individual for this important senior leadership position, they are offering an attractive compensation package including base salary, discretionary cash bonus, long-term incentives and personal benefits.
Executive Connections LLC is handling this retained executive search on an exclusive basis.For additional information, please contact:
Darcy Bevelacqua, Managing Director