We invest 6-12 months of transition consulting in every executive we place to assure expectations are met and exceeded. Individual and organizational excellence is not attained through the hire alone, but by achieving a successful transition into the new organization and culture. Therefore, early in the search process, we bring in an executive coach to assess the candidate brand and culture.
Six months of executive coaching (from the start date) is included in the placement fee for the Executive Search assignment as an added value and is highly recommended. We choose to facilitate this onboarding process because the costs of a failed executive placement for our client, the candidate, and ourselves are far too great to allow this to be an outcome.
This essential offering results in:
- Rapid acclimation to the new corporate culture
- Effective building of personal teams and business relationships
- Quick achievement of meaningful business results
As part of this transition process, the placed executive prepares and implements appropriate action plans to successfully address the key responsibilities and accountability of the position.
It’s designed to help senior executives:
- Build agreement and alignment between the hiring executive and the placed executive on the specific objectives and deliverables for the position
- Develop new relationships quickly and positively
- Identify and address barriers to success
- Manage and exceed short-term performance expectations
- Implement business strategies and tactical plans appropriate to each new assignment
- Create momentum to bring about organizational change
- Secure early wins while laying the foundation for longer-term success
- Ensure a strong personal brand presence
For more information about the value of Executive Connections LLC’s executive transition support, contact us.
Leaders, regardless of their level, are most vulnerable in their first few months in a new position because they lack detailed knowledge of the challenges they will face and what it will take to succeed in meeting them.
— Michael Watkins, Author
The First 90 Days: Critical Success Strategies for New Leaders at All Levels.