Reports To: VP Marketing
The Market & Segment Manager is responsible for managing the ongoing alignment between the company’s products and services with the needs, trends, and preferences of assigned markets and market segments. The Market & Segment Manager possesses a deep understanding of assigned markets and segments to develop effective go to market plans and productization of offerings that drive sustainable market share for TG and its affiliate companies. The Market & Segment Manager leverages credible resources and relationships to maintain a high level of awareness and familiarity of key internal and external influencers – including operations capabilities, economic shifts, compliance and regulatory issues and relevant technology advances.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for assigned markets/market segments and related product/services offerings for internal and external audiences.
- Works with internal and external research sources to maintain accurate market and market segment profiles to drive decision-making; commissions/conducts primary research as needed.
- Develops effective productization/product packaging and go to market plans for assigned markets and segments; serves as a primary content resource for the
development of key audience personas.
- Conducts continuous market monitoring and impact analysis of needs, trends, compliance, and other key influencers; proactively recommends corrective action when appropriate.
- Works with counterparts in operations, compliance, and IT to maintain a current awareness and understanding of capabilities, existing and emerging regulatory shifts, and performance benchmarks.
- Collaborates with branding/communications and demand generation counterparts in the creation and development of market facing campaigns; serves as a primary content and subject resource for thought leadership and demand generation efforts.
- Secures required approvals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required. MBA preferred, but not required.
- 7-10 years progressive experience managing business-to-business markets and market segments; minimum of 5 years experience in financial services markets, accounts receivables management experience strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience working with, commissioning, and conducting basic analysis of market research (primary and secondary, qualitative and quantitative); proficiency in aligning the right research approach and methodology with project requirements.
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience working with business to business market segmentation; experience and familiarity with developing new segmentation models helpful.
- Strong proficiency in zeroing-in on relevant market and market segment drivers and indicators; an instinct for knowing what matters and what doesn’t.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and determining the impact of compliance and regulatory requirements on market preferences and product offerings.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of roles and decision-making levels within and outside the company; strong writing and communications skills.
- Instinctive ability to decipher large amounts of data and requests and then distill into clear strategies and communications.
- Exceptional coordination and follow-thru skills; demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines and performance objectives.
- Strong sense of urgency, blended with high-quality standards; experience working in high-performance cultures is very beneficial.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office products; familiarity with research software a plus.
- Able to maintain multiple projects simultaneously; working both as part of a team and individually as appropriate.
Executive Connections LLC is handling this executive search on an exclusive basis.
For additional information, please contact:
Jeff Gundersen – CEO