VP – Demand Generation, B2B/E-Commerce
The VP Demand Generation will drive data-driven marketing related to lead generation, customer acquisition, and cross-sell programs. This executive will be a strong direct and digital marketing executive capable of designing and executing integrated campaigns in support of B2B and B2C customer acquisition, cross-sell and retention objectives.
The VP Demand Generation will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
The VP Demand Generation position will be located at our client’s headquarters office in the Boston MA area.
The VP Demand Generation leads, plans, and executes corporate targeted marketing and digital campaigns to drive site and store traffic for one of the largest e-commerce companies (B2B2C) as well as pipeline for filling for the B2B business for commercial and mid markets. This role will include SEO/SEM, display, e-mail marketing, social media, digital video, community building, content marketing, digital TV/radio, and website optimization. The ideal candidate will have media planning/buying experience and managing media agencies. Attribution/marketing mix optimization for key customer segments is critical.
Additionally, this role is responsible for marketing operations, ensuring that people, process and tools are optimally set up, aligned and integrated in order to achieve superior performance and provide visibility and analytics on effectiveness and business results to Executive Team.
- Manage portfolio of inbound and outbound marketing programs, including integrated campaign management, database and email marketing, webinars, seminars, trade shows, persona-based nurture programs, account-based marketing, search engine optimization, paid search, online programs, corporate website, outbound call campaigns for inside sales team, pipeline acceleration for direct sales and distribution channels.
- Own marketing technologies, processes and systems, including database management, segmentation, analytics, data cleansing, etc.
- Drive performance through a results-driven experimental approach, both in existing channels and by experimenting with new channels and techniques.
- Monitor and analyze performance against lead and other marketing goals and over past performance. Continually make and implement recommendations for optimization and ongoing growth.
- Communicate with marketing, senior leadership, and sales management on an ongoing basis regarding demand generation performance results, current initiatives, and course corrections being taken.
- Identify new optimization tests and growth opportunities and areas for additional investment in time and money and decreased focus.
- Demand generation campaign strategy and plans, outlining key marketing themes, messages, and offers and channels for promotions within defined monthly, quarterly and annual cycles.
- Owns demand generation marketing automation and integration of marketing database / contact sources.
- Manages demand generation marketing calendar, budget management and reporting.
- Proactively meets with Field Sales Leadership, Merchandising and Sales Representatives, Dotcom and Retail Leaders to ensure alignment and synergies, ensures that campaigns support revenue objectives and that Sales and Field Marketing are ready to execute and follow-up on campaigns when they are in market.
- Deliver repeatable, sustainable and predictable marketing-generated revenue in key regions via digital marketing and marketing automation.
- Owns the success of scaling marketing efforts through the channel by applying the partner’s perspective in the campaign and content design and by providing the field with the campaign tools and assets required to engage the channel.
- Hires and manages a world-class team of demand generation/channel marketing, media, and marketing operations professionals reporting into this role.
- Establish KPIs for all demand generation marketing programs and monitor Company demand generation marketing investments to deliver improved ROI performance
Qualifications & Experience
Our client seeks a senior direct, digital and database marketing professional with 15+ years marketing experience conceiving and executing smart traffic generating and sales enablement strategies and plans, that engage B2B and B2C customers and drive desired business results.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Senior direct, digital and database marketing professional with a minimum of 15+ years in B2B/B2C demand generation with a Fortune 100 category-leading company
- Trusted advisor to Retail and Sales leadership teams and developer of data-driven marketing strategies and programs in matrix organizations
- Career focus on delivering measurable marketing ROI with expertise in all aspects of B2B and B2C direct marketing, including database marketing, analytics/segmentation, media planning and all forms of digital marketing
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively as well as the ability to execute and effectively drive results
- Experience with developing and managing direct, digital marketing and database marketing budgets
- Resourcefulness; ability to influence and collaborate with both internal team members and external agency partners
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills; must be action-oriented;
- Ability to influence Executive Team, LOB Heads, Retail, Sales Force, Merchandising leaders, and other key stakeholders with innovative and detailed demand generation proposals and plans
- Experience navigating relevant regulations and policies such as data privacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to empowerment
- Quick study of complex problems and a highly organized approach to finding high impact solutions
- Team player with a collaborative approach who shares success
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or related discipline. Master’s degree is preferred.
As our client is seeking an outstanding individual for this import senior-level marketing leadership role, they are offering an attractive compensation package including base salary, discretionary incentive compensation, and personal benefits.
Executive Connections LLC is handling this retained executive search on an exclusive basis. For additional information, please contact:
Jeff Gundersen – CEO
Ed Baum – Managing Director